Zion National is open 24 hrs each day, all year round. Some services and facilities may close or reduce hrs throughout parts of the season.
Camping and LodgingZion has three campsites of different size. Watchman Campground takes bookings from March through late November and could be made six several weeks ahead of time online at or by calling 877-444-6777. To learn more as well as for a listing of other nearby campsites, click the link.
- South Campground: $16 per evening. 127 camping locations on first come, first offered basis.
- Watchman Campground: $30 for electric sites and $20 for tent sites. You will find 176 regular sites and 6 group sites. Open all year round.
- Lavapoint Campground: There's free for camping. Six primitive camping locations on an initial come, first offered basis. Open June through October, weather enabling.
Furthermore, the Zion Lodge is situated three miles north around the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. Open year-round, the lodge has motel rooms, cabin rentals, and suites available. Bookings are suggested, and could be made online at Zion Park offers two dining options inside the park. Both of them are situated in the Zion Lodge.
- The Red-colored Rock Grill: Open year-round in the morning, lunch, and dinner. Dinner bookings are advised spring through fall and could be produced by calling 435-772-3213.
- Castle Dome Coffee shop: A periodic snack bar, offering patio seating for approximately 100 people. Open seasonally.
Other PursuitsThe possibilities to understand more about Zion are endless, and traveling to the park is often as challenging as going through the park itself. Other great activities to look at while going to the park include cycling, canyoneering, bouldering, mountain climbing, bird watching, horse riding, and kayaking.
Zion National Park's 2Thousand-feet sandstone coves are world-famous for his or her large wall increases. Because of their difficulty, most routes around the block aren't suggested for unskilled climbers, but you will find couple of top roping and sport climbing areas. Or individuals searching for another kind of adventure, explore the backwoods and solitude of Kolob Canyons or hike the Narrows or even the Subway to see the good thing about Zion. Also, make sure to look into the park's website for a listing of things you can do.