Park City has always stood as one of the top skiing destinations in the world. Now the town of Park City boasts the largest ski resort in the U.S., turning in at a staggering 7, 300 acres. Yesterday, resort leadership officially combined the Park City and Canyons brands into one, under the name Park City, with a new logo combining the Canyons insignia with the Park City color palette, and the tag line “There is only one. Park City.”
This is an incredibly exciting day for the Utah ski industry, a day where the culminating efforts of $50 millon in improvements are all on display. Let us remind you that this $50 million transformation represents the largest, single-season transformation in U.S. ski history. We'll let excitement build as construction projects finish up over the next few months in time for opening day this winter.
Here's a re-cap of the brand launch and the new Park City:
- Park City and Canyons resorts to combine to create largest ski resort in U.S. at 7, 300 acres.
- $50 million in capital improvements to combine the resorts and upgrade infrastructure.
- Combined resort will be branded Park City with new tagline “There is only one. Park City.”
- The new gondola will be named Quicksilver. The eight-passenger, high-speed two-way gondola is an 8 minute ride that will transport guests from the base of the existing Silverlode Lift at Park City to the Flatiron Lift at Canyons.
- 17 mountain peaks within one resort.
- The current Canyons base area will now be called Canyons Village at Park City.
- The new restaurant, located at the base of the Silverlode Lift, will be called Miners Camp. It will seat 500 indoors.